POSITION: Truck Driver - Donation Center
RESPONSIBLE TO: Donation Center Supervisor
SALARY RANGE: Level 5
- Responsible for the pick up and delivery of donated goods from residences, businesses, and CCA's various locations.
- Maintain regular and proper daily maintenance on vehicles. Perform minor truck repairs. Responsible for arranging for major repairs to be taken care of with our repair service.
- Pick up and deliver the number of units per day as instructed by supervisor, including dump runs, store deliveries, recycling, etc
- Load and unload truck with donations, carefully securing all breakable items. Drivers must be able to safely load and unload the trucks with donations, taking the necessary precautions to prevent any breakage or damage.
- Provide a written receipt to all donors at time of pickup.
- Responsible to report any and all incidents involving donors, donations, truck, personal injury etc. to the manager immediately.
- Ensure that trucks are refueled at all times, especially at the end of the work day and on weekends.
- Trucks are to be washed on a regular basis and the cabs are to be kept clean and free of trash at all times
- Report any and all maintenance issues immediately. Record information onto maintenance logs with complete dates and signatures.
- Drivers must be able to adhere to and follow all laws pertaining to the safe operation of a motor vehicle.
- Competent, safe driver with a clean driving record. (No more than 2 moving violations within 3 years).
- Capable of driving for extended periods of time âï¿½ï¿½ usually approximately 8 hours a day.
- Capable of reading and understanding Mapsco maps. Must be familiar with Lewisville and the surrounding area.
- Courteous and well mannered when dealing with donors, fellow employees, and the general public. Drivers need to be alert at all times to the visual impact that the presence and location of a CCA truck entails.
- Capable of working with dirt, dust, mildew, molds, odors etc.
- Self starter, capable of working alone, but also enjoy working with others.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs without strain. This is a constant requirement all day and necessitates that the person be physically fit.
- Able to operate a forkâï¿½ï¿½lift safely.
- Able to use a dolly safely.
- Able to speak, read, and understand English.
- Flexible and willing to work in other areas as needed.
- Flexible with working hours and prepared to work overtime when required.
- Clean, well groomed, and adhere to the dress code.