CCA 2021 Impact Report Now Available
None of us will soon forget, if ever, living through the year of 2020-21! Serving in our 48th year of ministry, we were presented challenges we never anticipated, yet we marvel at the faithfulness of God in His constant guidance and provision for our needs.
Your continued support of what Christian Community Action did and continues to do to assist struggling families, children and senior adults in our area has been outstanding. We could not have survived the last few months without your prayers, your financial support, and your volunteerism. Thank you!
- We distributed nearly $2 million dollars to keep families in their home by helping pay their rent and utility bills.
- We provided groceries to nearly 600 hungry families every week so that they can enjoy family meals together.
- Every Monday a group of dedicated volunteers delivered groceries, meals, and hygiene items to over 100 senior citizens. In all, we’ve distributed nearly 16,000 meals to this special group of people. This has been going on for 80 weeks now!
- We brought smiles to over 1,100 children with back-to-school supplies and clothes last August, helping them to return to school with confidence. For this current school year, our goal is 1,500 children.
- We provided 34,000 healthy meals to children last summer with the help of hundreds of volunteers and churches, and we repeated this effort again this summer, this time with a goal of providing 50,000 meals.
- Christmastime was all smiles for families of over 2,200 children by the toys and stocking they received.
And in the last few months, we’ve found homes for 12 previously homeless families, and we’re working with another 10-15 to do the same thing.
Your contributions, prayers and volunteer support helped make it all happen, and we’re incredibly grateful for you.
What do we do for an encore? Well, the effects of the pandemic are still simmering so we continue to help families get back on their feet, and at the same time, we’re taking the next steps toward normalcy.
We re-opened our food pantry in July and our family services offices will re-open in August, offering in-person classes such as GED, ESL, computer literacy and spiritual counseling. Our Golden Angels (our senior citizens) will return to our Community Room in October.
Yes, that’s quite a task before us, and that’s why more than ever, we continue to need your prayers and financial support. Continue to give. Continue to pray. Continue to volunteer. You make a huge difference in our efforts to help struggling families.
If you are part of The Good Samaritan monthly giving club, you are a special group of supporters, whose contributions we can count on. Thank you!
We are grateful for the opportunity to serve struggling families in our area. The stronger the family unit is, the stronger our community is. Glad we can work together to make that happen. It’s about neighbors helping neighbors.
View our fiscal year 2021 Impact Report .
President and CEO