CCA Job Opportunities
Christian Community Action (CCA) is hiring a Full-Time Marketing & Communications Coordinator.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will be responsible for managing the development and implementation of marketing and communications initiatives. You’ll be directly responsible for managing the organization brand; executing the organization’s strategic marketing plan; planning and implementing a successful marketing communications/content strategy to reach target audiences (including donors, client families and community influencers); identifying and executing opportunities to raise the profile of the organization; maintaining programs through effective, innovative, and forward-thinking approaches.
Principal Responsibilities: Under limited supervision and decision-making:
- Develop, implement and evaluate marketing communications plans to support organization objectives, including executing on goals outlined in the organization’s strategic plan.
- Manage the organization’s brand, overseeing consistent and appropriate use of messages and visual identity across all communications channels. Includes reviewing content and creative across all departments for compliance with style guidelines, as well as relevancy, accuracy and brand compliance.
- Drive the development of a storytelling culture to engage current and potential supporters. Collaborate and work closely with team members throughout the organization to identify program success stories, donor impact stories, trends in the community and other content that communicates the importance and impact of the mission. Includes creating and managing a story bank that includes content, photography and videos.
- Write and edit content that supports strategic organization goals for engaging targeted audiences across communication channels including but not limited to social media, email, website and print collateral.
- Be responsible for design for these communications channels, which will in some cases include directly creating fliers and social media images, making updates to the website and designing email newsletters. Manage external design vendors as needed.
Track and share relevant news and trends that relate to the organization and share those with the development team, as well as on social media as appropriate.
- Help identify opportunities for new marketing and PR initiatives to drive organizational objectives.
- Support the Chief Executive Officer with developing talking points and presentation materials for speaking engagements and media opportunities.
- Provide consultation and act as a resource for the Programs team on how to meet their objectives with effective, brand-appropriate communications and creative. Provide tactical support as time permits and at the discretion of the Director of Development.
- Track and measure the level of engagement among target audiences and evaluate/adjust marketing efforts accordingly.
- Manage contract support, including marketing/PR agency, graphic designers and website developers when specialized assistance is needed.
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably Marketing, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum two years of experience in marketing and communications.
- Self-starter who can work independently or as part of a team.
- Superior communication, writing and editing skills required.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Interest in and knowledge of current events and marketing trends.
- Preference for candidates with a demonstrated ability to work with and on behalf of diverse populations.
- Strong skills with various social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn, as well as knowledge of how to create and manage photos, video and live streaming to successfully manage social media channels.
- Proficiency with InDesign, Constant Contact, Canva (or similar), and Microsoft Office applications required, DonorPerfect desired.
- Must be an active member in a local church.
Core Values: Ability to live and work by CCA's core values:
- Servant Spirit
To Apply: Send an email with subject "Marketing & Communication Coordinator - your name", along with a cover letter, salary history and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.